Sunday, May 4, 2008

Weekend Fun

Eli, Josey, and I picked the boys up from school right at 3PM on Friday and headed to the lake. They were in the water before I could get out of the car! They swam until about 7:30 then came in and joined Jason and my folks for grilled hotdogs. It rained on Saturday morning, but it was still beautiful at the lake. The lake is full of clear, cool water and it was great just sitting on the porch enjoying the view.
Around 11AM Jason and the boys headed to town for the pinecar derby at church. Hugh and Grant did a great job with their cars and had a good time at the race. I went to a baby shower...baby showers are so much more fun now that I have a baby of my own. I can appreciate all the neat gifts and I know everything the new mother to be is going through.
It's 8:30 now on Sunday morning and Eli is still sacked out. He picked up something at the nursery last Sunday and has been sick the past few days so I stayed home with him while everyone else went to church. You'd hardly know anything is wrong with Eli, he still has his sweet, happy disposition. I'm sure he'll be waking up soon ready to eat and play.
Grant & Hugh's cars are on the far end
Here's a picture of H&G with our Children's Minister, Jeremy

2 comments:

Christy said...

Sounds like such a wonderful weekend! Their cars look awesome! I hope little Eli is feeling better soon! We had a great weekend too...I will try to blog about it tomorrow:)

Unknown said...

I know you probably have no idea who I am, but I am a friend of Christy Benton, and I live in Daphne. I moved here from Auburn, and clicked on your blog from a link on hers. Anyway, I noticed a picture of your kids' minister, Jeremy. I recognized him from when we worked with the college ministry at Parkway Baptist Church. I'm assuming that's him, his wife is Sherri?? We LOVED those guys so much, and I was wondering if you could just tell them hello from Wyatt & Daisy and let them know we were thinking about them.
Thanks! (Sorry for the weird post!)
Daisy