Friday, May 30, 2008

Party Animal


Although he has been celebrating his birthday for a week now, Eli is officially one year old TODAY! Last night my parents, brother, and sister-in-law came over for dinner and a party. We kicked off the night by watching Eli open his gifts. He got some fun toys and books and his Uncle Darryl and Aunt Jesi gave him a 2007 United States Mint Uncirculated Coin Set. Then it was time for him to eat cake. He played in the icing for a while, then went for the face plant into the cake! You can't read it, but his shirt says, "It's About Time I Got Some Cake to Go With All of That Milk!"
People keep asking me if I can believe a whole year has gone by since he was born. I just tell them that my mind and body feel every second of this past year! I love having a one year old. Eli is so much fun and is really beginning to learn and grow and do so much more everyday. He notices everything and is incredibly social. He wants every person at the grocery store to stop and talk to him. He'll smile and wave at everyone and almost seems sad if they don't notice him. He still has no interest whatsoever in walking, he has 6 teeth (three on top, three on bottom), he likes to crawl and climb, he'll eat most anything, and he still likes to sleep for 13 hours a night.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I dream of the day when G will sleep for 13 hours. What a great post of the things we have to look forward to.