Saturday, September 27, 2008

Handsome Boys

I think this is such a great picture of our oldest two boys, you can see they are handsome just like their Daddy. Hugh & Grant camped out on our back porch last night and had a great time. Hugh is in 4th grade and doing well in school. Fourth grade is the year they emphasize Alabama History. His class is going on a host of fabulous field trips. Since we live in the state capital, there are lots of opportunities for them to have hands on experiences with Alabama History. Being a history person myself, I am making Hugh do a special project (isn't he lucky!). It's one I made all my students do when I taught at Hawaii. He will interview someone regarding an event in Alabama history they experienced first hand. It will give him some insight into the importance of oral histories, plus I believe these personal accounts can impact the memory in ways the written word cannot. Grant is in 2nd grade and is excelling in school as well. He penmanship is neater than mine and his enthusiasm for learning makes us proud.
This fall they are both playing soccer. Grant talks about playing football one of these days. They enjoy watching college football with their Daddy and me, Jason has also gotten them into golf and NASCAR. On Sunday Jason is going to take them to the Robert Trent Jones course in Prattville to watch the Navistar LPGA tournament.
As for their younger siblings, they are crazy about them and are so loving and helpful with them. Last week Eli was staying with my folks while I recovered from having Margaret. At dinner one night I commented that Margaret wanted to join us for the family mealtime. Hugh said, "Well, it's not really a family meal since Eli isn't here". My heart swelled at how much they love their baby brother and sister!
I'm going to get some pictures of all four of them this weekend...don't worry, I'll share!

2 comments:

Belle Abner said...

I agree they are two handsome boys!!

Great picture!

Love you guys,

Cuz Sonya

Anonymous said...

I agree - those are some very handsome boys you got there!