Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Morning Ramblings

What a nice morning it has been. Eli spent the night with his Montgomery grandparents last night, so I was able to get up at leisure (yes, that was 6:30 thanks to a wonderful night's sleep), watch some TODAY Show, and enjoy a cup of coffee while checking my email and the news.
Eli has been having teething pain the last two weeks, so he's been unusually whiny and clingy -- two things I am not used to and don't do well with. He is usually so sweet, I feel terrible for him when he's like this because it is obvious he's in pain. I've given him Ora-gel, Tylenol, and these homeopathic pellets that dissolve and sooth. I think he's through the worst of it.
So, back to my day. I will be baby free and plan to spend my day working around the house. There's not a room in my house that is not messy and dirty (yes, there's a difference). So, today is a cleaning and organizing day. We have plenty of room in our house to fit six people and a dog + all of our stuff, the challenge is just to keep it organized and purged -- that's my job (is this why I went to grad school?). Last night I did 5 loads of laundry, Jason did 2 loads and there are still a couple more to go. It piles up fast, huh? It's also amazing (or sad) how getting my laundry done is my proudest accomplishment of the week. My goals used to be much loftier, but now it's just laundry.
I am at 28 weeks with my pregnancy and feel just great. So far I have been blessed with another easy pregnancy (once I got past that miserable first trimester). Okay, so it hurts to roll over in bed at night, and sometimes when I stand after sitting my hip catches and I have to hobble until it gets back right, but who's complaining? It's been great.
Still no name for BGW. I just believe it will comes to us...and I hope it happens soon!
And, finally, a huge congratulations to our dear friends Nate & Tiffany who had a beautiful, perfect baby boy, Ryan William, on Monday, June 23.

No comments: