Saturday, December 8, 2007

I love a Saturday

Today was just wonderful. We got to sleep in, which is always great. Eli usually sleeps until 8:00AM, so this morning I did too. Jason and Josey got up around 7:00. Of course after Josey took a bathroom break and ate a little she came back to bed and snuggled with me. Jason fed Eli his bottle while I scrambled some eggs. After breakfast and Eli playtime I went to the YMCA, something I do 4-5 times every week (no, it hasn't paid off yet). When I got home we basically had a wonderful day at the house cleaning up a little, finishing up the Christmas decorating, and playing with Eli. For supper Jason fried up some of his world famous chicken wings and we ate those while watching the Alabama High School 6A Championship game. Congrats to the Prattville Lions for their second straight Championship! Now Jason is cleaning up the kitchen and I'm blogging (YES, I have an exceptionally wonderful husband).
It has been such a nice, relaxing day. I highly recommend you take some time out of your undoubtedly busy holiday schedule and just spend some time with your family at home. Sit around and look at your tree, race each other to the mailbox to check for Christmas cards, watch Christmas movies, take a walk. Whatever is fun and relaxing for you and your family. No need to overplan our lives.
That's my new soapbox, what do you think?
Merry Saturday!

No comments: