Monday, July 21, 2008

Family Connections

This is my cousin Tammy, pictured with Jason (I would only let family get that close;) Tammy and I have been friends for about10 years. When I moved back home after living in Hawaii, it was Tammy that introduced me to her cousin Jason - or as she has always called him her: Cute Cousin Jason, or CCJ. So, my friend Tammy is now my cousin Tammy, isn't that fun?! Jason and I actually had our first date after attending Tammy's wedding rehearsal dinner back in October of 2003.
This is Thomas, Tammy's brother. Thomas and I became friends when he moved back to Montgomery in the late 1990s after living in California. Thomas is a III, so the family calls him T3. I still call him Thomas. He was the gracious host of our soiree tonight.

Tammy and I were pregnant with our boys at the same time, they are one week apart! Tam's husband is a Cajun, thus little Michael Paul's beautiful dark skin, hair, and eyes. He and Eli hardly look like cousins, huh? Tammy and her husband Paul live in Kentucky where he is a pastor. Paul wasn't able to make this trip, we all missed him.
This is Tammy and Thomas' dad, Tom. Tom is a II, so he has several nicknames including Tom 2 & Tom Tom. Tom 2 lives in New Zealand, so when he is in town it is always cause for big family get togethers. One of Tom 2's specialties is what he calls Bama Burgers - loaded with garlic and other tasty spices. He made these tonight over at T3's house:
Here's a pic of Hugh & Grant with their cousin Mallory. This is Tammy's daughter. Mallory brought BGW some beautiful dresses!
Here are some friends of ours, the Solt's. Nobody wanted to miss the Bama Burgers.

After everyone enjoyed their Bama Burgers and Cindy's incredible homemade chocolate pie (Cindy is the pretty blonde on the front right of the pic), the group settled in for a round or two of Dominoes. Good times!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey-What fun!! And what great pics!
I was wondering if you had a picture of Tammy's sweet husband you could post? No rush, I just had to laugh (out loud I might add) the 1st time I saw baby Michael Paul, he is (to me anyway) the perfect mini look-a-like/version of his father. I explained this to Darryl and he is excited at the thought of comparing photos of the two of them. Your blog always makes me smile and laugh...keep up the great work, I don't know where you find the time! Love ya'!

Tammy said...

loved all the photos and descriptions, reminded me of something but i can't think what right now, maybe the old this is your brain , this is your brain on drugs commercials!