Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Valentine

I cannot say enough good things about my wonderful husband, especially this Valentine's Day! Jason does not seek the praises of man, but he's going to get them from me today. He has been such an amazing helper and support to me the past several weeks. I've been so sick with this pregnancy, I think I've spent the majority of every day on the couch in my Auburn sleep shirt that I got in college and Jason's house slippers. One night as I was going to bed I even realized that I had baby food matted into my dirty hair. The house stays messy and not many meals have been cooked. But Jason has been my constant source of encouragement. Plus, he's washed a lot of dishes, vacuumed, bought groceries, and changed many dirty diapers amongst many other helpful things. He has definitely lived up to his promise to love me in sickness and health! And, even more, he's done it all without murmuring or complaining. In fact, he does it all with his usual sweet, positive attitude and in spite of my misery he can still make me laugh.
So, to all of my single friends out there...hold out for God's best. So many people settle for good, but I implore you to wait for great. God promises that He will do "exceedingly abundantly more than we could ask or think", but we must be patient and trust Him to work in our lives. I had to wait 32 years for it, but my relationship with Jason definitely exceeds anything I ever imagined marriage could be.
Happy Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Happy Valentine's Day! I am so glad that Jason is taking such great care of you and little Eli. I am so so so sorry that you are still feeling so bad. I know from first hand that it gets very hard to deal with, and can get you feeling really down as well. I pray this part of it will soon be over. JOY WILL COME IN THE MORNING. I love you, Christy

Mai said...

Happy Valentine's Day Walkers! Hope you're feeling better soon Ronda! Love, Mai