Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Is Anybody Out There?

Yes, I am still alive (barely) and am so sorry I haven't been blogging lately. It's hard for me to blog from my horizontal position on the couch, barf bag close at hand! Last week I was sure I had reached the end of the sick and miserable 1st trimester of pregnancy road. But, alas, better days elude me.
I am 12 weeks now. Had a sonogram today and Jason and I got to see new baby Walker jumping around like crazy. We could see the hands and feet so clearly, even the lips! No news on gender yet...that won't happen for a few more weeks. I would attach a picture from the sonogram...but I'm sure you've all seen one at some point in your life and I assure you that my little blurry black and white baby doesn't look any different than all the others you've seen.
One hitch in our otherwise wonderful pregnancy is that the doctor found a solid, golf ball sized mass in my right ovary. He is not sure what it is (it is not a cyst). We've been watching it for a few weeks and fortunately it has not gotten any bigger. My doctor feels that we do not need to do any testing on it since it hasn't changed, but just to have someone back up his decision he is sending me to UAB for a second opinion. If they feel a biopsy is in order then we'll do that asap as the window of safely doing such a procedure closes in a few weeks. Otherwise, we'll wait and take a look at it in September.
As for the rest of my wonderful family, all is well. Jason is in the process of re-doing our back porch. I'll send out pictures of that project soon, you will be impressed. It is going to be so wonderful to have a nice place to enjoy the great outdoors this spring!
That's it for now. Don't give up on my blog just yet! I'll be back in the swing of things very soon, ranting and raving about all the things people say to pregnant women that DRIVE ME CRAZY...stay tuned.

3 comments:

Christy said...

Welcome back to Blogland...I have missed you:)

Anonymous said...

Peaceful greetings from Jamaica.
(West Indies - not New York)

This is coming to you from a far far far far far flung twig of your Mother's branch of the family tree.

I have been reading and enjoying your posts, but never left a comment before.

This is to let you know that your name is being lifted in healing prayer. May you, your pregnancy, and your entire family be blessed and protected.

Unknown said...

Ronda, I got my boys' picture taken after reading your message about the great deal at the portrait studio. Now I'm going to have to try the fabulous stain remover that you e-mailed me. Keep the messages coming. I miss you! I decided to check out your blog today, and I want you to know that I am thinking about you and pray that you are healthy and your pregnancy goes well! Love ya.