Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Christmas Orphans


One of my favorite parts of the Christmas season is receiving Christmas cards. I rush to the mailbox every day to grab my daily stash of greetings. I love to read the family updates and see pictures of my friends and family near and far. Jason also enjoys seeing the cards and we always chat about the pictures folks send out. What we don't understand is why there are so many pictures of just the children. No parents. How sad these little Christmas orphans are. What gives with you folks who refuse to be in the Christmas picture? Hate to get your picture taken? Think you look bad? Hey, I've had two babies in the past year and a half and there is no way I can hide the extra poundage I'm toting, but I bit the bullet and got in the picture anyway. So if I can do it you can too. I love seeing your children, especially if you live far away I enjoy seeing how they've grown. But you know, I'd love to see you too! If it's too late to do it this year, make sure you're in the picture next. Let's band together and rid the world of these Christmas orphans.
Of course I know there are those of you who think the whole process of sending out Christmas cards and pictures is laughable perhaps even stupid, to you bah humbugs I say...let me know so I can take you off my Christmas card list!
And below are a few of the outtakes from our Christmas card photo shoot, the pictures that didn't make the card. Enjoy:

Eli was done with picture time:

Trying to turn Josey around:Josey loving on Margaret:
Eli wants to get down and play, I've got the death grip on his knee:
Eli spotted his grandfather, MJ is sitting sideways:

Eli had just socked Grant in the face:Josey is posed beautifully, unfortunately she's facing the street and not the camera! And both boys were tired of kneeling on the concrete:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

uh oh! you are not gonna like our card this year...and i just dropped it in the mail today! but this is my pledge to you...i will try my best to get a decent picture of larry and i together to use for next year's card...i've got 12 months, better get busy :)

~ashley

Tammy said...

Love the out takes and Im with you on wanting to see the parents too!

Christy said...

Well if Brad could stay in town one weekend we might could get a family picture...however some of us just have to go with what we got. I thought it would look silly to just send out me & the boys....so look forward to The Benton Orphan Christmas Card coming soon to a mailbox near you:)