Monday, December 8, 2008

Candyland Christmas Trees

The boys and I made our annual Candyland Christmas Trees on Saturday morning. This year Eli got in on the action for the first time! He enjoyed eating his candy as much as putting it on the tree. No surprise there. And we're not exactly sure what happened to Grant's tree (the red one) it seems to have melted. We don't know if it was a materials issue or an assembly issue, but either way I think we'll always laugh about the year all the candy slid off Grant's tree. Grant does have a broken finger, maybe that factored in somehow. As I did last year, I've put the newest picture of our trees below, plus the pics from years past. Then I've added a few pictures taken while we were in the process of making our trees:

2008 trees:
2007 trees:
2006 trees:
2005 inaugural tree:
Getting everything set up:

Hugh & Grant working on their trees:

Eli putting candy on his tree (yes, I helped him!)Mmmmmm, frosting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They keep getting bigger every year! It's a wonderful tradition that your family has.