Friday, October 3, 2008

Silent Night


Most of you know that our son Eli is a great sleeper. At 5 weeks old, he slept through the night for the first time (from 10PM to 6AM). And it wasn't long until he began sleeping from 7PM to 8AM which he does to this day, never waking up through the night.
When I was pregnant with Margaret, Eli's pediatrician assured me she would be as good of a sleeper as Eli as long as I did the same things with her sleep training as I did with Eli. I was doubtful, but quite hopeful. I know so many folks who have multiple children who are all different types of sleepers. But, the doc says (aside from some unusual circumstance) how your baby sleeps depends on the parents' approach to getting the child to sleep, in other words it's nurture vs. nature.
Well, at just 3 weeks old Margaret slept through the night last night! She slept from 11:30PM to 5:30AM. Not the 8 hours I need, but I was thrilled nonetheless and after she ate at 5:30 she went right back to sleep where she remains to this hour. I'm cautiously optimistic, but it seems she is on track to be a good sleeper like her big brother.
I might survive this thing after all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'd better share your secert for getting her to sleep that long so others can try it.