Sunday, October 19, 2008

Saturday Night Fever

The picture above is from last night, on our first date night after Margaret was born, she's 5 weeks old. The picture below is from our first date night after Eli was born, he was also about 5 weeks old!

My wonderful husband took me on a date last night! It was our first date since Margaret Jane was born, and I sure did need it. We started the evening by going to see the movie Fireproof. I cannot recommend it enough. Unfortunately it's been out for about a month and probably won't be in theaters much longer, but see it if you can. If you're not familiar with the movie, it was done by the same church in Georgia who did Facing the Giants. Fireproof is about doing marriage God's way. It is an intense movie, I found myself fighting off tears throughout the entire show. So many good points are made about marriage and relationships. Jason and I both were challenged to continue to work at our marriage and the way we communicate and interact with each other.
After the movie we headed to Bonefish Grill. Bonefish does a dish called Bang Bang Shrimp that I cannot get enough of. So the shrimp, coupled with our crabcake appetizer made the perfect meal for me. Jason got the Mahi Mahi with sauteed spinach and garlic mashed potatoes. Delicious. As always, we enjoyed a long, leisurely dinner talking with each other.
Reality hit when we left my parents' house with Margaret Jane crying for food and Eli calling for DADDY very loudly!
We wouldn't change a thing.
One more thing about the movie. The group Casting Crowns has a song that is in the movie entitled Slow Fade. Jason and I had never heard this song, but just the small portion of it that was played during a scene stuck out in our minds. The song talks about the manner in which sin enters our lives and the way satan destroys people and families. The fall is not quick and obvious. Instead it is a slow fade from who were are to where satan wants to take us. We are all susceptible, every one of us. Let's not ever believe that we are above failure, for that is when we are most vulnerable to satan's attack. Here are a portion of the lyrics to Slow Fade:

It's a slow fade when you give yourself away
It's a slow fade when black and white have turned to gray
Thoughts invade, choices are made,
A price will be paid
When you give yourself away
People never crumble in a day
It's a slow fade, it's a slow fade

1 comment:

Christy said...

Awesome...I am so glad you got to see the movie while it was still playing. Date nights are super fun...I might have to get Brad to take me out soon(when ever I feel like eating again)!