Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Happy Anniversary, Baby. Got You On My Mind...

That's a nice Little River Band tune that will be stuck in my head all day! August 14, 2004 is the day Jason and I got married, which makes today our big 4th anniversary. Eli is staying with my folks today and I am treating myself to some swimming, a pedicure, and lazing around. Tonight Jason and I will go out for a nice dinner at either our fave locale, Sinclair's in Old Cloverdale or another great place, Bonefish Grill. Then we'll come home and watch our wedding video. I make Jason endure this every anniversary (but since it's just once a year I think he really enjoys it too). We either watch the wedding or the Friday night reception, then the next year we'll watch the other. They both last about an hour. This is the year for us to watch the reception video from the night before our wedding. We had a party at the Officer's Club at Maxwell.
But above all else, my favorite anniversary tradition is one Jason surprised me with on our 1st anniversary. He maintains a day planner for his work, mostly filled with work meetings, appointments, etc. However, he also will add in snipits of things going on in our lives. So, tonight he will have composed a list of all the meaningful things that happened to us the past year. From little things to big things. Most of which I haven't thought about until he reads his list. I'll cry, of course and we'll both enjoy remembering all the things that happened in our lives the past year.
As for gifts, I just got a new 6-seater breakfast table for our kitchen. We've all been squeezing around our small 4-seater table for too long and now that the 5 of us is about to turn into 6 it was time to expand our table! So, although the 5th anniversary is traditionally the gift of wood, I got my wood (table) this year. As for Jason, he's getting a custom made driver (that's a golf club for those not in the know:)
So, here's to another spectacular year for us. Somehow each year keeps getting better and better. Amazing.

Enjoy this walk down memory lane. Some pictures from our wedding and honeymoon:

Jason's dad was his best man and his 3 brothers and my brother were groomsmen:
How about this for a beautiful array of women! My bridesmaids:
Hugh & Grant were 4 & 5 when we got married, now they're 8 & 9. Our photographer liked this pic so much he uses it in his display book:
We had such a pretty wedding cake:
Jason and the groomsmen:

The flower girls are my friend April's daughter, MaryEsther and our niece Bailey:

My mother is in the yellow, Jason's mom is in the purple:
I've always thought this was a really fun shot:
Jason singing "Brown Eyed Girl" with the band at our honeymoon resort in Mexico:
Two babies in two years later, I wonder if I'll ever see my bellybutton again:
Love this pic, our resort had beds on the beach:

5 comments:

Christy said...

Happy Anniversary...I am terrible at remembering dates like this, but I loved looking back over the picutures. What a beautiful day...everyone & everything looked so good. Have a wonderful night out celebrating:)

Belle Abner said...

Beautiful to remember the day...I do....and it was wonderful....Happy Happy!!

Love Cuz,

Sony

Tammy said...

Happy 4th! love you guys!

Anonymous said...

I never saw your wedding pictures. That's the prettiest cake I've EVER seen!! I would have hated to cut it. A lot has happened in 4 years - all good.

April said...

How fun that whole weekend was ! It seems to like like such a long time ago. Isn't that crazy ?