Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sugar and Spice and SOOOO many things

I awoke at 4:30AM today and of course once the thought of my baby girl hit my mind I couldn't go back to sleep. I wanted to wake Jason up, but showed great restraint and waited until 5:30AM when his alarm went off. Then I snuggled up to him and we talked about our baby girl. Well, truth be told I did most of the talking, he was still pretty groggy!
Since I really had not allowed myself to consider the possibility that we would have a girl, I now have so many things swirling around in my mind about how this is going to change our lives.

Some of the first comments Jason and I made upon finding out that it's a girl:
"Now they can't play on the same baseball team" (Ronda)
"I'm gonna have to keep my gun handy" (Jason)
"Now we'll have someone to take care of us when we get old" (Ronda)
"What are we going to do with a girl?" (Jason)
"I'm not going to let her boss Eli around" (Ronda)
"She's going to have a lot of blue clothes to wear" (Ronda)
"I must be going soft" (Jason)
And our doctor's comment after high fives all around, "Good, this means I don't have to do a circumcision".

It will certainly be a fun adventure. We will tell Hugh and Grant the BIG NEWS when we see them tomorrow. They both want a baby sister so bad, they are going to be thrilled when we tell them. If you recall, Hugh wanted Eli to be a girl. When we told him we were having a boy he said, "Maybe the doctor was wrong."
As for Eli and Josey, they were both fine with the news. Josey has had a lot of pressure on her being the only other girl around here, she will enjoy the additional sweetness. And Eli is just happy all the time, so his big grins when we told him he was having a sister were expected.
We sure do love having boys, Jason and I both feel we are natural fits as boy parents and that they are fun and easy. We're both a little intimidated about having a girl, but we know she will enhance our life experience in ways we cannot even imagine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the list of things a girl brings to the family! Don't forget about all the dresses you'll be buying...Easter dresses, prom dresses, a wedding dress...AND the perfectly coordinating shoes to match! Girls are so much fun. I'm so thrilled for y'all!!!

Mai said...

LOL Love the list :-) Girls are wonderful and soooo much fun! And now you've got a LEGACY!!!