Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Family Goings On

I had a few minutes and thought I'd share some thoughts from our life with you. Things are unusually calm and quiet in our world right now, which is nice. Jason and I both feel we had a 'lost weekend' this past weekend as we were both tired and worthless. I think the craziness of the past month caught up with us. We did manage to do some fun things, though. Friday night was our traditional pizza and movie night with our boys. Hugh & Grant decided we would watch the Garfield movie. We usually trade off weeks on who decides what we watch. Jason and I have been introducing H&G to some of our favorite movies like Field of Dreams, Rudy, and The Princess Bride, which they always enjoy. Saturday morning we had our family pancake breakfast, chocolate chip this time. Eli joined us for that tradition for the first time ever! I served him a silver dollar sized pancake and he quickly tore off a bite that was too big and nearly choked:) Fun family memories.
It rained Saturday morning so the boys' soccer game was canceled. I think the rain didn't help our laziness. Mid morning Jason had a bit of a runny nose and he was really groggy. I got nervous when I saw a bottle of NyQuil on the kitchen counter...and sure enough I found Jason passed out on the couch. I roused him long enough for him to confirm he took the NyQuil and that he'd never taken any before. I told him a shot of that stuff will take down a 300lb man! I asked him if he even bothered to notice that it was over a year expired. (now, exactly whose fault it was that we had a year old bottle of medicine in the house is yet to be determined). Needless to say he was good for nothing for a while!
My folks dropped by for a visit. They had a good friend in town and she wanted to see Eli. Per usual he was good to entertain everyone. We ate leftover pizza and grilled cheese sandwiches and enjoyed the company.
I am pretty sure that I felt new baby Walker moving around for the first time this weekend. I'm somewhere around 18 weeks, so that is about when I could feel Eli. One week from today we find out if we're having a boy or a girl. Isn't that exciting?! I am definitely a big fan of finding out the gender. I love being able to pick a name and begin using it for the baby (versus calling it 'the baby') and it's easier to envision the baby once you know the gender. It will be fun to know if our big brood of boys is going to remain just that...or if a little diva is going to enter our world and turn it upside down. We are just thankful to be able to add another child to our family. I will let you all know the verdict next Tuesday...stay tuned!

1 comment:

Christy said...

CAN'T WAIT FOR TUESDAY!!! I am so excited to hear the news about knew baby Walker I can't stand it! You better call or e-mail me as soon as you get back home. Much Love, Christy