Friday, March 20, 2009

Scaleback Success

At the beginning of each year the state of Alabama holds a statewide weight loss competition called Scaleback Alabama. Participants form teams of four with family, friends, colleagues, etc. Each person on the team must lose 10 pounds in 10 weeks. Then each team that meets that goal is put into a drawing for monetary prizes.
I entered last year with three colleagues of mine, but discovered 2 weeks into the competition that I was pregnant. Pregnant women are not eligible to participate in the contest, although as sick as I was I just about lost 10 pounds in the first trimester! So, I had to fess up to the pregnancy and our team was disqualified. So, this year I wanted to participate so I enlisted Jason to be on my team. Then to find our other two team members I turned to the world of Facebook. Our friends from church, Anthony & Kimberly Miller rose to the challenge and joined our team. We weighed-in in the middle of January and the race was on! After a lot of hard work from each team member, we all weighed in this morning and the results were fantastic! Our team of four lost a total of 60 pounds (ok, it was actually 59, I'm rounding it up to 60!) Jason led the charge with a loss of a whopping 18 pounds. I am proud to report that I lost 14 pounds. My baby weight is officially gone, now I'm working hard to lose those darn newlywed pounds...content fat I believe they call it. I'm not very content with it!
Since each person on our team lost at least 10 pounds, we are now in a drawing with the first prize being $1,000 per team member. Wouldn't that be great?! I'll let you know how it turns out...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun way to lose weight. Congratulations to all of you. :) Hope you win the big prize.

Anonymous said...

Great job!! I'm proud of ya.

Misty V said...

That is awesome! Great job!